T.H.i.N.K.
LETS TRY TO REMEMBER HOW TO THINK FOR OURSELVES AGAIN

On Fear, Regret, Mistakes and how its all B.S.

Labels: , ,
“When you're young, life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious. You could break a bone or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there's no safety net. When did it stop being fun and start being scary?”-Sex and the city


   It stopped being fun once we got a reality check. Everybody gets them in different ways, through a broken heart, loss of loved one, natural disaster, parents divorce, etc etc.. Or maybe it wasn't even a dramatic event, maybe it was something little, so little you can't even remember. But everybody has a breaking point, in which the world suddenly goes from pink and fluffy to full color, contrast, saturation and all that. And I don't know how about you, but it scared the hell out of me.
  Life suddenly went from passive and lovely, so complicated and uncertain. There were so many options. So many roads. So many detours. So many choices. So many potential mistakes. So much fear.
   And suddenly I was given the controls. But I had no idea how to drive. I had to suddenly ''know'' and ''plan''. I was overwhelmed. I closed up. I climbed into my little bubble, into the backseat, and let the flow carry me along. I was afraid.
But what is there to fear, really?
Fear of making mistakes.
Fear of regretting.
Fear of failure.
Fear.

   But what are mistakes anyway? And who has the right to judge?
Why do you think that YOU have the right to decide what was a mistake and what wasn't? How do you know? You don't ever, ever see the Bigger Picture. You can only guess, regret, worry, yada yada. But what for? Yes, you may think of what could-a, should-a, would-a happened, but in the end its simply a waste of time.

  We make decisions. Every minute of every day. We decide the course of our lives. Whether or not you believe in destiny, I think everybody will agree that a person has a certain power over their lives.
I'm writing this post. I could be doing a thousand different things right now, but this was my decision. Because I have something to say, and for some reason I decided to say it. And I never know the consequences.
Maybe one sentence, one word of this post will trigger a thought in someones mind, which will help them in some situation in life. They may not even realize it, I may never find out about it.
Or it may not happen. Maybe this is just a blog, just a way for me to vent, and it may not change or influence anything. But so what? Should I sit here and think, hmm, maybe if I hadn't written this post I would have gone out and found the love of my life, yada, yada. Anything is possible. But do I regret it? No.

Long ago I've decided to try to give up on regret. There is no point.
We make decisions. We shape our lives. We do the best we can, strive to be the best we can be. No point in categorizing things in the past as good or bad. Everything is just an experience. Learn from it and move on. If you were true to your heart then there is no reason to regret anything you ever did. And nothing is a mistake. What happened, happened. Take a deep breath and let it go.

Get out of the backseat of your car.
The past is behind you,
Your future is ahead.
Fear is simply an illusion.
It's in your mind.
You have the controls in your hands.
So...
Where do YOU want to go...?
0 comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT DO YOU THINK?


View My Stats

Welcome!

A collection of sophisticated (usually), optimistic (rarely), smart ass (once in a while) breakthroughs of mine that strive to inspire and encourage. Take a look...if you dare.

IF YOU USE OR QUOTE ANY PART WITHOUT CREDITING ME ITS PLAGIARISM AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW!

What topics are the most interesting for you?


Followers

Pages